Lighting and Portraiture
Topics and what to expect during the class:
• We’ll discuss different ways of finding good locations at home for portraits and how to light them.
• We’ll talk about and even experience photographing in a studio environment.
• You’ll learn about the different types of professional strobe equipment as well as using strobes and soft boxes with diffusers and umbrellas.
• We’ll attempt to understand the human face, and how positioning the face can make all the difference.
• We’ll briefly discuss the importance of make-up and how it can change an image.
• You’ll learn how slight adjustments of light can be controlled to flatter the subject.
Digital 1 or equivalent camera knowledge is required for this course.
A tripod is recommended for this class.