Digital Photography 2
Feeling more comfortable with your digital SLR camera? Now that you have an understanding of the basic fundamentals of your camera, let Jeffrey take you to the next step. Digital Photography II will take your photography skills to a higher level both creatively and technically. In Digital I we learned the basics of shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and other topics. In Digital II we will continue to enhance that knowledge, while beginning to explore and build a collection of work that represents you and your creative ability.
This is a course for learning and understanding the next step of digital photography. During the course, Jeffrey will teach you creative camera control, more of your camera’s technical settings, color management (from your camera to your printer) as well as start working towards understanding light and how it affects your photos. Similar to Digital I, you will receive a lesson plan, weekly assignments as well as the usual critiquing from peers and Jeffrey himself. During the course of these 4 weeks, Jeffrey will build upon your current knowledge while encouraging you to explore your inner creativity.
Topics and what to expect during the class:
• We will discuss creative camera control and the interrelationship of the camera, lens, and light.
• We’ll discuss more of the camera’s technical settings like color management , image formats of RAW, JPEG, JPEG fine, and TIFF.
• You’ll learn different ways to modify and control lighting.
• We’ll discuss the importance of subject placement and the differences light can have on them.
• You’ll have in-class demos on lighting, the quality of light, lighting techniques, types of lighting (flash, soft boxes / flash units, Speedlights).
• We’ll discuss how to tell a story with your image and then how to bring that story to life through editing and printing.
Must have a DSLR or mirrorless camera that functions in manual mode for this class.