Digital Photography 1
Cost: $ 330.00
Do you have an SLR camera that has never left the automatic setting? Would you like to know what all the settings on your camera are? Do the words aperture, shutter speed, and ISO make you nervous? Are you frustrated with your pictures not turning out the way you want them to? If you answered yes to any of these questions or just want more knowledge, then come join Jeffrey Rupp for a 4-week, instructor-led class giving you “hands on” experience and learning.
This is a complete course for learning the basics of digital photography. Each week Jeffrey will walk you through the different basic features and techniques making you more familiar with your camera and how it works. The class is designed to give you the knowledge and comprehensive understanding necessary to become confident with your digital SLR camera. You will receive a lesson plan, assignments, and weekly critiquing from both your fellow peers and Jeffrey himself. In just 4 short weeks, you’ll be well on your way to start capturing those images you’ve always desired.
Topics and what to expect during the class:
• We will discuss the different modes on your camera and how to use them.
• We’ll talk about basic camera techniques, finding and using natural and artificial light.
• Composition rules- when to obey them and when not to.
• You’ll learn about shutter speed, aperture, depth of field, and exposure.
• You’ll have weekly assignments that will test your new knowledge and force you to use your creative mind.
• You’ll be exposed to a new network of previous and current students, local photographers, equipment and printing vendors as well as community events.
Like any hobby or profession, understanding and learning photography requires some time and investment. You’ve already made the investment in the camera and other equipment, so take your photography interest to the next level by enrolling in Jeffrey’s class today. I can assure you by the time we are finished, your new knowledge will change the way you look through a lens FOREVER!
Must have a DSLR or mirrorless camera that functions in manual mode for this class.
Class size is limited and often fills, so enroll early!